Monday, December 9, 2013

Clouds and Crowds

Just this afternoon, I arrived at school thirty minutes early for class. I really like the feeling of walking in an alley not minding if you will bump into another person just because the walkway is just too narrow. I felt free.

I climbed my way to the third storey of the building and there were also not much people whom I can pass along the way. I headed to the restroom to see if my hair was still neat after that windy jeepney ride. There were not much people inside so I took time gussying myself up. I went out and I walked until I reached the room where my class is supposed to be but when I glanced into the classroom I realized that I'm still early since the previous class was still there, with few of their classmates reporting. So I looked around to entertain my eyes for the time being.

I looked up into the sky and saw that it was blue, giving a large contrast to the very hot environment I am in. But what amazed me the most was the formation of cumulus clouds up there in that seemingly peaceful sky. I really love cumulus clouds since they are so fluffy, they look like cotton that is so soft to touch. They look tender and warm since they are lumped next to each other. I wonder if heaven would be like this. It would be really nice I thought to myself.

Suddenly, a few of my classmates arrived and I said hi. We were then chatting for a bit when a loud ringing sound echoes. Classes have now ended. The alley was then crowded with students who have just come out of their classrooms. It started to feel narrow and as I shifted my sight to the staircase, the situation was still the same. It was like there was a flood of people.

I moved my eyes back to the sky I was watching earlier and I couldn't see the awesome sight I've witnessed just moments ago. The lumped cumulus clouds were now moving far apart from each other like ships drifting away from shore. I looked back to the classroom and saw my classmates heading towards inside despite the number of people they bump along the way. I did the same and found my way in. When I was in my seat I took a deep breath and said to myself: "And it's true, nothing really stays the same."

No comments: